I get rather annoyed with the narrator. Using this as inspiration here is how you do it.
Update: Another solution is available at http://www.hmemcpy.com/blog/2012/12/how-to-disable-windows-narrator-appearing-on-win-enter-in-windows-8/ which uses Image File Execution Options instead.
Note: You can just delete it, but windows will restore it every time an update is installed
- Open Properties of Narrator.exe, goto Security Tab, Click advanced
- Change the owner to yourself
- Click ok, and accept the warning
- Now back on the properties, click edit
- Add yourself, then explicitly deny
Read & executeand
Read. Click yes on warning about modifying security on system files
- Change owner to
Win+Enter now won’t do anything :D